Here are five suggestions as to how to spend your Labor Day weekend.
Five ways you can bring the summer to a spectacular close:
1. Go on a picnic. It’s the perfect weekend to party, and whether you have a family picnic or a potluck with friends and loved ones, make sure you make the most of this three-day weekend.
2. Attend a public celebration. Will there be a parade in town this weekend? Fireworks? Public art shows? Check the newspaper for listings; your town is sure to have a full slate of happenings.
3. Get away from it all. Plan a day trip out of town as a last hurrah to the summer travel season, or simply take a trip to somewhere nearby. If you’re looking for a good movie, this weekend sees several new films: “Lawless,” an R thriller starring Tom Hardy, Shia LaBeouf and Guy Pearce; and “The Possession,” a PG-13 horror flick.
4. Get ready for football. The college football season kicks off this weekend, and the NFL is not far behind (next week). Make sure your fantasy teams are in good order (or hold a fantasy draft with your buddies), set up your man cave and get ready for some fun.
5. Check out the blue moon. The full moon on Friday night will be the second one of the month, which makes it a blue moon (it’s not actually blue). The next blue moon won’t take place until July 2015, so try to stargaze this weekend!
GateHouse News Service