The Redwood Area Board of Education negotiations committee met Aug. 7 with several of the Redwood Area School District’s employee groups to discuss the terms and conditions of a new two-year contract for 2019-20 and 2020-21.
The agreements were presented to the full board Aug. 26, with all of them approved.
Among the agreements are those for members of the school district’s administration. The agreements include:
• A salary of $98,218 for the first year and $100,968 for the second year for the director of teaching and learning.
• A salary of $91,869 in year one and $94,441 in the second year for the Reede Gray Elementary School principal.
• A salary of $94,949 for the 2019-20 school year and $97,608 for the 2020-21 school year for the Redwood Valley High School principal.
• A salary of $63,650 in the first year and $65,636 in the second year for the director of buildings and grounds.
• A salary of $68,016 in year one and $69,920 in year two for the technology coordinator.
• A salary of $79,988 for the 2019-20 school year and $82,228 for the 2020-21 school year for the activities director and director of community education.
The contract agreement reflects a 3 percent increase in each year of the contract. A one-time bonus of $1,000 was approved for the high-school principal and director of teaching and learning for work they performed on the planning, design and construction of the Estebo Career Development and Training Center.
Agreements for the Redwood Valley Middle School principal for the 2019-20 school year and for the finance director for the 2019-20 and 2020-21 years had been previously approved.
The 10- and 11-month secretarial staff will receive a $.53 increase for the 2019-20 school year. That secretarial group will also receive a 2.82 percent increase for the second year.
• For the 12-month secretarial/clerical staff, their agreement includes a 53-cent increase in the first year and a 2.82 per- cent increase in year two.
• The maintenance staff agreement includes an increase of $1,425 for 2019-20 and an increase of $1,386 for 2020-21.
• The general education paraprofessional staff will see an increase of $1.25 per hour for the 2019-20 year, with the special education para- professional staff seeing an increase of $2.50 per hour for 2019-20.
In the second year of the agreement all of the paraprofessional staff will see a 3 percent increase. The base hourly rate for paraprofessionals in 2019-20 is $12.75 per hour, with the base rate for special education paraprofessionals in 2019-20 at $14 per hour.
In addition, as a way to encourage attendance among paraprofessionals those who are in attendance 97 percent or more of any given quarter will receive a $200 incentive per quarter. The agreement also stipulates that those who are absent more than 7 percent of a quarter will have a consultation with their respective supervisor.
• A two-year agreement was approved for the Indian education staff that reflects a 3 percent increase for both 2019- 20 and 2020-21. All five of these positions are funded with federal or state Indian education dollars, with funds for the program also provided by the Lower Sioux community.
• The Cardinal Kids Club, Early Childhood and SACC assistant group agreement includes a $1 per hour increase for 2019-20 and a 3 percent increase for the second year.
• The early childhood instructional staff employment agreement includes approximately a $1 per hour increase in the first year and a 3 percent increase in the second year. Under this agreement the early childhood instructional staff will be converted from hourly staff to being salaried employees of the district.