The City of Morgan will be celebrating all things urban and rural this coming weekend when it hosts the annual summer celebration known as City and Country Days.
From Friday night through Sunday afternoon, the community will offer activities for those of all ages.
The activities begin Friday night with supper in the lot of the Broken Spoke starting at 5 p.m., a bean bag tournament follows with free train rides for the kids. Red Dirt Road will be performing that evening.
The festivities continue Saturday morning, with New Horizons offering rolls and coffee starting at 8:30 a.m. in the park.
Other events being held June 16 in Morgan include:
• Softball and volleyball tournaments
• A pedal pull at the park, with registration at 8:30 a.m. and a 9 a.m. start time
• A car/tractor parade is being held at 1 p.m.
• A “Painting in the Park” event at 2 p.m.
• A Just For Kix dance party starts at 3 p.m.
• A kiddie parade in Vernon Park at 4:30 p.m.
• The Morgan Lions Club pork chop feed from 5-7 p.m. in the park
• A bean bag tournament at the Tavern starting at 7 p.m.
• A street dance featuring Pour Me Band at the Tavern at 9 p.m.
Also on Saturday there are many activities in the park from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m., including an Imagination Library book reading, mini golf, a dunk tank, clowns with face painting and balloon animals and a rock wall hosted by the National Guard. There will also be inflatables in the park throughout the day.
The celebration wraps up Sunday with the following activities offered:
• The grand parade at 1 p.m., with Walt and Arlene Olson serving as the grand marshals.
• A badminton tournament and the final games of the softball tournament
• Bingo at the Tavern following the parade
• A petting zoo, mini golf, inflatables and train rides for the kids throughout the day.
No one will go hungry at City and Country Days, as there will be plenty of food available all three days.
Everyone is encouraged to travel to Morgan this weekend to celebrate City and Country Days.