With a goal of 237 units over two days, the Red Cross bloodmobile technicians from Mankato were able to leave with 212 units, which is a good percentage for such cold days. (It was so cold Monday, Jan. 15 that many of the Red Cross technicians stayed in Redwood Falls overnight rather than drive home.)
Eighty-nine local volunteers helped out over the two days, with The Redwood Falls Presbyterian Church providing meals and canteen duty Monday and Cornerstone Christian Church taking the duties Tuesday, Jan. 16.
Sponsors over the two days included: American Family Insurance, Culligan Water, McDonald’s, Evangelical Free Church youth group, Redwood Lodge, State Farm, Tersteeg’s and Walmart.
• First time donors: Hannah Sturgeon, Maria Piette
• One gallon: Kim Thord-son, Joyce Johnson, Chad Kamolz, Vincent Haala
• Two gallons: Kris Fischer, Stephanie Klavetter, Stacy Liebl, Lewis Louwagie, Laurie Sturgeon
• Three gallons: Tom Mahal
• Four Gallons: Ross Dolezal, Donald Hanzen, Donn Stellmacher, Jason Allen
• Five gallons: Brenda Vick
• Six gallons: Pat Salmon
• Eight gallons: Jeanette Lothert-Cornell, Carol Frank
• 14 gallons: Kim Boyle, Nancy Schmidt.