The annual Cracker Days celebration in Wanda is being held Aug. 17-19.
This year's schedule is full of activities including:
Friday, Aug. 17
• For the Kids – Painting a tractor starting at 7 p.m. in support of fibromyalgia.
• Music/Dance – The Hammertyme Band will be performing a variety of music from 1930 to 1990 at the Wanda Legion Hall. Also, a Limbo contest with prizes will be held.
Saturday, Aug. 18
• Annual Cracker Days Walk/Run – 5K run or 1 mile walk with registration beginning at 7 a.m. and race beginning at 8 a.m. Cost: 1 mile $5, 5K $15. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Contact Mary Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (507) 217-9270
• Bean Bag Tourney – 10:30 a.m. at the city park. Contact Terry Jenniges at (507) 530-0075.
•Sand Volleyball Tourney – Tentative start time 8:30 a.m. Contact Terry Jenniges at (507) 530-0075.
•Softball – Coed/Family and Friends Tourney starting at 9 a.m. No entry fee or payout, just come and have fun.
•Softball – Men’s Tourney Saturday and Sunday - $100 entry fee, Starting at 9 a.m. Contact Kirk Beerman at (507) 360-1984 to register your team for either tournament.
• Games for kids – City park shelter. Sponsored by the Austin Jenniges family.
• Tractor Show – Contact Giles (Pickle) Riley at (507) 752-7040.
• Catholic Mass – 5 p.m. at St. Mathias Church.
• Wanda 333 Club Annual Party – Appreciation party for club members at the Wanda Legion with a social/happy hour from 6-7 p.m. and dinner/announcements at 7 p.m.
• Street Dance – Following supper with DJ Bob. Also, a karaoke contest with prizes will be held.
Sunday, Aug. 19
• Pancake Breakfast – Held from 8 -11 a.m. at the Wanda Legion. Sponsored by the Wanda Legion and SAL. Contact Tom Schilling to volunteer at (507) 327-8509.
• Tractor Parade – Leaving for Wabasso and Lamberton at noon.
Everyone is invited to Wanda this weekend to celebrate Cracker Days.