The Redwood Area Concert Association has announced its concert series schedule for the 2017-18 season, as well as the start of ticket sales as of Aug. 21.
The concert series is scheduled to begin Sept. 26 with The David Osborne Trio. David Osborne is known as “Pianist to the Presidents” as he has performed for four White House administrations and is regarded as one of the finest pianists in the U.S. He currently performs at the Bellagio Hotel in Las Vegas, Nev. and is going to bring his performance to Redwood Falls.
The season continues Nov. 10 with Croon featuring Todd Murray. Murray is a rich-voiced baritone vocalist with backup piano and brass. He is the new leading man of cabaret and is going to take the audience on a fun musical stroll that includes Frank Sinatra, as well as today’s pop vocalists.
A London-based vocal quintet known as Apollo 5 is scheduled to take the stage March 11, 2018. This group is on its first U.S. tour. The program includes folk, pop and classical music.
The fourth and final concert of the 2017-18 season will be a salute to everything Irish and more when Cahal Dunne, known as “Ireland’s Happy Man,” takes the stage. Dunne is a composer, concert pianist, storyteller and comedian with a rich and distinguished career. His performance is scheduled to be held April 13, 2018.
All concerts, with the exception of the Nov. 10 Croon performance, will be held in the Estebo Performing Arts Center at Redwood Valley schools in Redwood Falls. The Croon concert will be at St. Catherine’s Catholic Church in Redwood Falls.
Along with the four Redwood Falls concerts, local association membership also includes the option to attend an additional 12 concerts through reciprocity agreements with the concert associations of Marshall, Windom and Montevideo.
Some of the featured performances available at these three venues include: Alias Brass; J. Mark McVey, renowned Broadway star; The Anderson Brothers Jazz Combo; Scarborough Fair, a Simon and Garfunkel tribute; Roy and Rosemary, piano and violin duet and the Grand Magic Show.
Concerts are available by series membership. Membership prices remain at $40 for an adult ticket, $15 for a student ticket and $85 for a family ticket.
Season tickets may be purchased now from Redwood Area Concert Association volunteers including:
• In Redwood Falls – Nadine Marzolf (637-8598), Henry Boots (644-3175), Jim Boots (644-3093), Mary Ann Gray (637-2124), Diane Houtkooper (627-7031), Yvonne Janning (627-8551), Barb Darr (627-2146), Dennis Moore (627-8403), Pamela Ebbesen (627-2000) and Jeanette Cornell (430-1762).
• In Lamberton – Dianne Anderson (752-7767)
• In Fairfax – Marlyce Swanson (320-220-3610)
• In Morgan – Roger Voelz (249-3812) and Karen Christensen (430-0838)
• In Springfield – Joyce Schwarzrock (723-5813)
• In Walnut Grove – The Knakmuhs Agency (859-2154)
• In Echo – Donna Zimmer (925-4384)
• In Belview – Elaine Hagen (641-3200) and Kim Sander (938-4140)
• In Wabasso – Laurel Otto (342-5488) and Marsha Salfer (342-5286)
• In Lucan – Julie Plaetz (747-2539)
• In Morton – Nancy Hanna (697-6225)
• In Vesta – Dorothy Marquardt (762-3430) For more information, visit the concert association Web site at www.redwood concerts.com.