The Renville County Fair in Bird Island opens this week, with activities for the whole family held Aug. 9-11.
The first official day, known as Wild Wednesday, includes:
• The 4-H swine show at 8 a.m.
• The 4-H horse show at noon
• A kids pedal pull at 2 p.m.
• Announcement of the fair person of the year and century farm recognition at 3 p.m. • The 4-H dairy show at 3 p.m.
• The 4-H fashion review at 4:30 p.m.
• The 4-H sheep show at 6 p.m.
• The Chopper show from 6 p.m. until 12 a.m.
• An NTPA truck and tractor pull at 7 p.m. Admission is $10 for those 12 and older and $5 for those ages six to 11.
During day two, Thrilling Thursday, the schedule of events includes:
• The 4-H rabbit show at 8 a.m.
• The 4-H poultry show at 11 a.m.
• Story Time with Miss Minnesota at 2 p.m.
• The 4-H beef show at 3 p.m.
• Kids pedal pull at 4 p.m.
• The 4-H goat show at 4:30 p.m.
• The People’s Choice beer tasting competition at 7 p.m. Bring your entry to the fair by 6 p.m.
• The talent show at 6:30 p.m.
• ATV barrel racing in the grandstand at 7 p.m. Admission is free.
• HickTown Mafia concert from 9 p.m.-1 a.m.
• Fireworks at 10:30 p.m.
The final day of the fair, TGIF, includes:
• The 4-H BBQ chicken contest at 9 a.m.
• A 4-H horse fun show at noon
• The 4-H pet show at 4 p.m.
• The Jerry Sullivan Memorial Premier Showmanship contest at 5:30 p.m.
• The People’s Choice wine tasting competition at 7 p.m. Bring your entry to the fair by 6 p.m.
• The demo derby at 7 p.m. in the grandstand.
• Rock Godz concert from 9 p.m. until 1 a.m.
Each day there are also events, including the tractor show, medallion hunt, Extreme Ball, petting zoo, stunt juggling, Halls of Magic and the daily cash drawing at 10 p.m.
Admission to the fair is $5 each day for those ages 11 and older, with a $10 pass for all three days. Children ages 10 and under get in for free.
Find out more about the fair and the schedule of events online at www.renvillecountyfair.org.
Photo courtesy of the Renville County Fair Web site