Sanborn will be celebrating its 86th annual Watermelon Days July 30 through Aug. 1.
The schedule of events are as follows:
Sunday, July 30:
• 10 a.m.-3 p.m: Car show
• Noon: Bean bag tournament
• 1 p.m: Kiddie water fights
Monday, July 31:
• Flower Show: For details call (507) 829-3164
• 3:30 p.m.: Kiddie tractor pull (River Street).
• 6 p.m.: Kiddie parade (units will be judged at 5:30 p.m. sharp)
• Following the parade, the Benson Family Singers will be at the Methodist Church
• Water fights after the parade
•8 p.m.: Watermelon queen pageant (Sanborn Ballroom).
•9 p.m.: Drawing for 24″ girls and 24″ boys bike. Sign up at the Kiddie tractor pull. Ages 12 and under. You must be present to win.
Tuesday, Aug. 1:
• 1:30 p.m. - Sanborn Get Together at the Sanborn Legion
• 6:30 p.m. - Grand parade with free watermelon for all following the parade.
• The Wendinger Band is going to perform after the parade.
• Midwest Rides will provide rides, games and food for all. Rides begin at 5 p.m. Monday and 4:30 p.m. Tuesday. Tickets are available at Sanborn businesses, including Expressway, Red Rock Bank, Lamberton HandiMart, Lamberton Meadowland Cenex as well as Jim’s Market in Springfield.
• Sanborn Legion will serve food.
• The Methodist Church will serve floats and sundaes.
• Red Rock Central will sponsor a burger feed Tuesday evening.
• Neon-LIVE band at Sanborn Legion Tuesday night. All are invited to Watermelon Days.