The Redwood Area School District administration would like to update the community members on the progression of the summer construction projects.
Work continues to take place on three major projects, including the main entrance to the middle school and high school, replacing and resurfacing of the lower parking lot at the middle school and high school, as well as a new playground being built at the Reede Gray Elementary School.
The administration appreciates the public’s patience and understanding during this construction time and is excited for the completion of these projects. The safety of the community and the district’s staff and students is a main concern with these ongoing projects.
Starting the week of July 17, the public is asked to use the RVMS/HS board room entrance – Door #2 – to access the building. The new concrete sidewalk, pending the weather, is being poured July 14 and would be available for use July 17.
At Reede Gray Elementary School the old playground equipment has been removed, and work is currently being done on the excavation to prepare for the installation of the new playground equipment. The district is very excited about the opportunities this playground will offer for students and community members. Changes to the RVMS/HS main en-trance include:
• The original concrete is being replaced at both the main/front entrance (Door #1) and at the board room entrance (Door #2).
• New tiling, insulation and waterproofing is being installed to help mitigate current and future moisture issues.
• New bollards and flag poles will be installed along the main entrance to create a safe and secure area.
• The original planter in front of the entrance has been removed. Work on the lower parking lot includes:
• Replacement of roughly 60 percent of the lower parking lot surface and doing light restoration on the remaining parking lot surface.
• Additional moisture drainage issues are also being addressed. The anticipated completion for all three of these projects is Aug. 7, 2017.