Monday is Veterans Day, which is a day set aside to offer thanks to those who have serve this country.
One of the ways in which the public can offer that appreciation is by attending one of several programs being held during the day. All are encouraged to attend one of these programs.
The Redwood County VFW Post 2553, The Redwood Falls American Legion Post 38 and Auxiliary, the Redwood Area School District and Company C of the Minnesota National Guard are hosting a program in the Redwood Valley gym starting at 1 p.m.
The event includes music by the RVHS music department, as well as a presentation by the Dakota Drum Group.
The guest speaker for the Veterans Day program in Redwood Falls is Molly Black, who works for the VA psychological center.
Other programs and events scheduled in the area to honor veterans include:
• A supper for veterans at the American Legion in Belview Sunday night at 6:30 p.m.
• The Milroy school is hosting a program starting at 10 a.m. in the gym, with music by students from the school, as well as speakers and readings included in the program.
• Wabasso Public School is hosting a program in the gym starting at 9:30 a.m. The guest speaker is Steve Collins of Redwood Falls.
Music is being performed by the school music department. Other readings are also being presented.
• Red Rock Central school in Lamberton is hosting a program starting at 10:30 a.m. in the gym. The guest speaker is Ted Suss of Lucan. The school’s music department is also part of the program.
• Walnut Grove school is holding a program starting at 2 p.m. in the school gym. Jeannette Mertens of Redwood Falls is the scheduled speaker for the program. Students from the school’s music department are scheduled to perform, with readings also included.