The Red Cross blood drive in Redwood Falls suffered a slight loss Monday from a technical glitch that cost it some donors....
The Red Cross blood drive in Redwood Falls suffered a slight loss Monday from a technical glitch that cost it some donors.
When the National Guard Armory opened its doors at 1 p.m. on Monday afternoon, the Red Cross’s computer systems all crashed.
Since many donors at that time of day take time off from work to give blood, some had to leave before the computers were back up and running within the hour.
Many of the donors checked back in later in the day, or stopped by Tuesday, but the final totals were still down a bit from what was expected.
• Goal: 271
• Presenting donors: 207
• Deferrals: 28
• Double red donors: 18
• Total units collected: 236
• First-time donors - Jesse Kremin, Hope Burman
• Return donor - Herb Brauer donated after not doing so “for many decades”.
• One gallon donor-Tanya Busack
• Two gallon donor - Masha Schmidt, Eugene Dahms, Jeff Schaefer, Lisa Hagen
• Three gallon donor - Dean Pendleton, Barry Rockvam, David Bunting, Peter U'Ren
• Four gallon donor -Joleen MacHolda, Cecelia Senkyr
• Five gallon donor - Henry Boots, Doug Prins, Matthew Tiffany
• Six gallon donor - Laurie Hayek, David Raddatz
• Eight gallon donor - Marlys Mathiowetz
• Ten gallon donor - Bev Kemp
• Twelve gallon donor - Kevin Passe, Chuck Ulrich, Nancy Schmidt