Every year the city of Morton celebrates the Fourth of July with a day of fun for the whole family, ending with the area’s most spectacular fireworks display....
Every year the city of Morton celebrates the Fourth of July with a day of fun for the whole family, ending with the area’s most spectacular fireworks display.
This year the city hopes to make it an extra-special event to celebrate the Morton Fire Department’s 125th anniversary.
Events scheduled for Morton’s Fourth of July start early, on the third, with a co-ed kickball game between the Morton and Franklin fire departments.
At 8 p.m. on Wednesday the city is hosting an outdoor dance on the parking lot by the post office.
Events scheduled for the Fourth include:
• 8 a.m.: the seventh annual Morton Firecracker four mile run / two mile fun run/walk.
All ages and skill levels are invited to join in this event starting at the Brent Koch Memorial Shelter in the Morton city park.
Registration starts at 7:30 a.m. For more information, call Molly at 507-828-3282.
• 8 a.m.: softball games begin.
• 9 a.m.: kickball games begin.
• 10 a.m.: parade begins near the old high school.
• 11 a.m.: Goggle Darts, hosted by the Renville County Sheriff’s Department.
• 11 a.m. - 8 p.m.: crafts, flea market, food vendors, beverages, kids activities in the park.
• 1 p.m.: bean bag tournament.
• 1 - 5 p.m., bingo sponsored by the Senior Citizens of Morton Sr. Center.
• 4-7 p.m.: pork chop feed sponsored by the fire department.
• 7 p.m.: kids pedal pull, sponsored by Harvestland Coop.
• 8 p.m.: raffle drawing
• Dusk: fireworks.