With spring and summer approaching fast, there’s a need for nice dresses appropriate for proms, weddings, and other events where jeans and T-shirts are strictly forbidden.
At the same time, there are thousands of young women out there with gently used prom, homecoming, and bridesmaids dresses taking up space in their closet.
If only there were some way to get together seekers of cost-effective formal dresses and women seeking to clear out space in their closets....
There is, and it’s a fundraiser yet.
Several local women — Michele Quast and Colleen Peyerl — put their heads together, and decided to create a new event: the first annual Formal Wear Extravaganza.
The two were looking for ways to generate funds for the Redwood Area Community Education, and hit on the formal wear sale.
The idea is simple. If you have gently used prom, bridesmaid, or homecoming dresses you’re willing to part with, how do the words consignment sale sound?
Step one: bring them to the Redwood Valley High School board room on Thursday, Feb. 28 (from 3:30-7 p.m.), Friday March 1 (from 12 noon-8 p.m.) or Saturday, March 2 (from 8-9 a.m.)
If you’re in the mood to buy an inexpensive formal dress, there’s a simple one-step process: show up at the RVHS commons on March 2 from 10 a.m.-4 p.m., and browse away.
Because it’s a sort of informal formal sale, it’s cash only — no credit cards accepted.
If the dresses you bring in sell, you receive 90 percent of the sale, with the other 10 percent going to the Redwood Area Community Education fund.
All unsold dresses must be picked up on March 4 or 5, or they will be donated.
For more information, contact Michele Quast at 507-430-0748, or Colleen Peyerl at 507-217-6965.