For the past four years, one of the most popular Relay for Life fundraisers for cancer research has been Dancing with the Stars.
Organized by JoAnn Dehncke and her team, “The Bobbers” in honor of her late husband Bob, Dancing with the Stars was inspired by the popular TV show of the same name.
For the fifth year, The Bobbers bring local couples dancing up a storm for the entertainment of the community.
In addition to the couples featured rehearsing here, this year’s event is scheduled to include:
• Several groups of Just for Kix children dancers.
• Elizabeth Smith and Bob Dehncke Jr. slow dancing to “You Are So Beautiful to Me”.
• Joel and Amanda Mathiowetz doing a country swing to “Fishin’ in the Dark”.
• Josalyn and Kaylee Dehncke, performing a karate/dance mix to “Never Say Never”.
• Tim Wetmore, singing “You Raise Me Up”.
This year’s Dancing with the Stars fundraiser is set for Sunday, Feb. 17, in the Estebo Performing Arts Center of Redwood Valley High School.
Previous years’ shows have sold out, so seating is reserved. Tickets are available at Connie’s Hallmark.
For more information, call JoAnn Dehncke at 507-697-6261.