Due to a sharp rise in influenza infections throughout the area, Redwood Area Hospital is temporarily restricting patient visitors until the influenza outbreak subsides.
Visitors to hospital and same-day surgery patients are being limited to immediate family or designated caregivers age 18 and older, who have no fever, cough or other flu-like symptoms.
The restrictions are part of a multi-step approach to protect patients and prevent the spread of influenza in our community. The temporary initiative includes:
• Patients may receive no more than two adult visitors at one time.
• Children under 18 are not permitted to visit the hospital without prior approval from healthcare providers and for special circumstances.
• Visitors are urged to perform hand washing frequently, including when entering and leaving the building. Hand sanitizer dispensers are available throughout the buildings, and are effective against influenza virus.
• Anyone with fever, cough or other flu-like symptoms should stay home.
• The emergency room department is going to seek opportunities to physically segregate potential flu patients when possible.
Visitor restrictions are temporary and are going to be reviewed as the influenza outbreak subsides.