Veterans Day is this coming Sunday.
Although the official observance is that day, veterans groups are conducting programs Friday and Monday in the area.
The programs are being held in an effort to honor those veterans from the area who have served their country. In most cases, music, readings and a keynote speaker are part of the program.
What follows is a list of programs:
• Tomorrow at 1:30 p.m. a program is being held in the RVMS/HS gym in Redwood Falls. The keynote address is being made by Clint Knorr. The RVHS music department is also part of the program.
• In Milroy the school is hosting a program in the gym at 10 a.m.
• The Wabasso Public School is hosting a program Monday at 9 a.m. in the gym.
• Red Rock Central is hosting a program at the school in Lamberton Monday starting at 10:15 a.m. Ryan Benedict is the keynote speaker.
• Walnut Grove is hosting a program at the school Monday at 2 p.m. The speaker is Tom Moore.
• A veterans supper is being held in Belview Sunday at 6:30 p.m. at the Legion Hall. The event is open to the public. For more info, contact Rich Sullivan at (507) 938-4272.
The public is invited to attend any of these upcoming programs.