If you’ve ever wondered what it would be like to squish grapes between your toes, but were too shy to do it in the privacy of your own home, cheer up.
This Saturday, for the third year in a row, you can squish grapes between your toes at the third annual Fall Festival and Grape Stomp is set for downtown Redwood Falls from noon until 10 p.m.
Of course, you don’t have to squish grapes between your toes if you don’t want. You can just watch your friends, neighbors, and co-workers do it.
The stomping itself is a competition between two person teams: a stomper, and a swabber. Goofy costume are encouraged, and the winning team gets $200 cash.
The Fall Festival includes much more than just the grape stomp. Other events include:
• 12 noon - 7 p.m.: food and craft vendors
• 12 noon: Redwood Dance Center performers
• 1 p.m.: Pie eating contest, sponsored by Holmberg Orchard
• 1 - 3 p.m.: children’s activities
• 3 p.m.: Grape stomp in front of Fieldstone Vineyards.
• 5 p.m.: Steak cook-off, sponsored by the Redwood Area Cattlemen’s Association and the Minnesota Beef Council
• 7 p.m.: Hot wing challenge, sponsored by The Brauhaus.
7 - 10 p.m.: live entertainment.
For more information, or to register, contact the Redwood Area Chamber and Tourism at 507-637-2828, or www.redwoodfalls.org, or Fieldstone Vineyard at 507-627-9463, or at www.fieldstonevineyard.com.